How you can contribute
- Close the door and windows of your office when you leave, and switch off the lights.
- Keep the doors to the stairwell closed.
- Switch off your computer (entirely, not on standby), including your monitors. (This will also make your computer work faster the next day, because it will clean up temporary files and suchlike when it restarts.)
- Unplug adaptors from wall sockets.
- The heating will be two degrees lower, so wear a warm jumper. We ask for your understanding for this.
- As we will also be raising the air conditioning temperature by two degrees in summer, you will need to adapt your clothing in this season as well. Thank you in advance!
- Please do not bring your own electric kettles or coffee makers to the office. They are often left on day and night.
- The same applies to coolers for beverages.
- Please raise awareness for these measures among your colleagues. They will result in energy savings of 10%. This isn’t only in the interest of sustainability – you will also notice this on your electricity bill.
- We walk the talk: the management of the campus will be imposing these measures on itself, too.
- As a campus, we cannot achieve everything at once. This energy project will be given priority, and other programmes in lieu of this will be postponed. The property manager of the building where you work can give you more information about this. We are asking for your understanding with regard to this.
Especially for the scientists working in the lab
- Close the windows of the fume cupboards if you are not using them.
- Keep the doors of the labs closed.
- Switch off any stoves or hotplates that are not in use.
We will be sharing the progress of these strategies,
including the results, with you in our fortnightly campus newsletter. If you have not been receiving this newsletter, subscribe here! We are always happy to keep you up to date.
Do you have any good tips or ideas for us?
As the management of this campus, we are always looking for ways to improve. Send your suggestion to Sally: email@example.com. Thank you! We always try to respond within a week to let you know if and how we have made use of your idea.
You can count on us; can we count on you?