One in Safety
Chemelot incl. the Brightlands Chemelot Campus and the involved organizations, working to an additional and particularly challenging target for the year 2025: To be the safest as well as the most sustainable and competitive site in Western Europe.
This ambition was partly inspired by the report Chemie in samenwerking; risicobeheersing op het industriecomplex Chemelot (Chemistry in collaboration; risk management at the Chemelot industrial complex) that was published in June 2018.
Safety is an important distinguishing factor necessary to achieve this ambition. In concrete terms, this means that Brightlands Chemelot Campus’ safety performance must see an annual improvement in the frequency index for personal safety of <0.1 (campus tenants and contractors), calculated per 200,000 hours worked.
The visibility and involvement of senior management play a decisive role in safety at Chemelot, including the Brightlands Chemelot Campus. This may be seen in several areas; specific circumstances apply at each pilot plant, laboratory, and cleanroom that demand a local approach. However, all of our actions are based on the same principles we refer to as the four cornerstones.
- We recognize the vital importance of the first-line supervisors in our organization when it comes to safety. They make the difference every day, and we place the focus on them.
- Everything they do is based on well-trained personnel, both site users/campus tenants as well as contractors. Professional expertise is at the heart of this and is a cornerstone of our safety culture.
- We have confidence in our first-line supervisors and employees. We give them our support and the ability to do their work together safely.
- We recognize the importance of clear and concise regulations, frameworks, and standards. At Chemelot and the Brightlands Chemelot Campus, we aspire to create a set of clear rules that add value, and which we adhere to.
Work- and sounding board groups
The One in Safety project is an important one for improving safety performance at Chemelot and the Brightlands Chemelot Campus. Work- and sounding-board groups have been introduced that apply the following three spearheads:
- Management and processes
- Design and operation of factory facilities
Interested in learning more about the One in Safety project? Consult this link (Dutch only).
Questions about the One in Safety project?
Contact the BCC SHE&S department via firstname.lastname@example.org